Funded care

You may need to pay for some or all of your social care.

The amount you pay depends on the level of need and the assets you have. To find out if you are eligible for funded care, you should get an assessment from your local council.

The assessment will determine whether you are entitled to an amount of funding to use for your care. You can choose to manage this amount of money yourself or let someone else manage it for you.

Private care is usually paid directly to the care provider out of your own money.

It’s often worth discussing with us if you need any support in working out how much it might cost, how to pay and if you have any concerns. AgeUK also have lots of useful information on personal budgets.